Oil Pulling for Dummies

As you know I love finding all natural beauty products and DIY regimens. Recently, I was introduced to oil pulling. Oil pulling is an ancient Indian method of removing bacteria and build up from your teeth and gums. It is said to help whiten teeth as well. Though not clinically proven, after a bit more research I decided to give oil pulling a try. It only takes 1 tablespoon of coconut. Swish it around in your mouth for about 20 minutes, spit and rinse with warm salt water. Follow with your regular brushing and mouthwash routine. So swishing for 20 minutes was definitely a lot harder than I expected, after about 90 seconds I was tired and ready to move on with my day. I was able to fight through and last about 12 minutes instead. By the time I was finished the oil had almost doubled in size which was supposed to be the toxins pulled from my mouth. So it definitely looked like it had done some good. And my teeth definitely felt super clean. All in all, I'd say it's worth a try if you have coconut oil already laying around the house. I'm always down for a quick detox!


Sunflower and sesame are oil alternatives if you are allergic to coconut oil.